By João Pedro Soares Fernandes
Fast and simple how one can upload multimedia for your Moodle courses
• provides rules to lecturers and running shoes on easy methods to use multimedia successfully in Moodle
• lots of screenshots and a step by step process, with the way to use easy and loose software program instruments and net purposes to enhance your course
• concentrate on either the production of educational fabrics and the layout of scholars actions round multimedia the place they've got an lively position in growing, discussing and assessing their work
• in line with the improvement of a Moodle direction approximately tune, with connections to different matters and a huge variety of activities
Multimedia is a really outdated human exercise. It has taken mankind virtually 30,000 years considering the fact that portray on cave partitions to get a mix of textual content, picture, sound, and video all operating within the similar medium, that's, in films. eventually, after hundreds of thousands of years of human heritage, we will all (not simply an elite few) create multimedia simply utilizing Moodle. Moodle used to be outfitted round an idea of studying that occurs while a bunch of individuals build issues for each other, collaboratively making a small tradition of shared artifacts with shared meanings.
A tutorial-based advisor, with transparent illustrations and examples of ways to create, convert and upload multimedia to Moodle utilizing quite a number unfastened e-learning software program instruments and net purposes. This publication follows the layout of assets and actions for the direction “Music for daily life”. The projects offered are fast and simple to do for academics and running shoes with busy schedules.
Giving readers an perception into the production and integration of multimedia in Moodle courses.
Starting with pictures you are going to learn how to create picture collages, screenshots and comedian strips. then you definately will detect audio and the way to extract audio from CDs to create a soundtrack for a film and a podcast. Later, you'll use video to provide a trailer for a film, picture slideshows, on-line TVs and screencasts. Following that, you are going to advance an realizing of interactive components and net conversation, corresponding to on-line maps, interactive timelines or internet conferences. eventually, you'll examine multimedia quizzes and evaluation of multimedia assignments, finishing with basic concerns on copyright, licensing and safety.
A concentration of the ebook is to teach readers that utilizing multimedia isn't just approximately bettering guideline, but additionally enhancing the ways that scholars can can now create multimedia simply, and percentage it with no nice attempt. To make this more uncomplicated, the various moodle tutorials within the ebook may be in response to actions designed for college students to create, speak about and check each one other’s multimedia works.
What you are going to research from this book
• Create and edit pictures, drawings, screenshots, audio, tune, and video
• comprehend copyright and licensing of multimedia works, really public area and inventive commons licenses
• detect uncomplicated tactics to create movies with basic gear so as to add as path assets and activities
• obtain and post movies in on-line video sharing services
• Convert among a number of video codecs and combine them in Moodle
• advance multimedia components corresponding to interactive flooring planners, interactive shows, on-line maps, diagrams, notion maps and timelines utilizing internet functions and mix them with Moodle
• how you can engage with scholars in real-time utilizing synchronous verbal exchange and display sharing functions
Read or Download Moodle 2.5 Multimedia (2nd Edition) PDF
Best computing books
This booklet is for children who desire to advance video games and purposes utilizing the Raspberry Pi.
No previous event in programming is critical; you wish just a Raspberry Pi and the mandatory peripherals.
Pervasive Computing is a vital quarter in present desktop technology examine and commercial improvement. It pertains to shrewdpermanent telephones, sensors and different computing units which, by means of being delicate to the consumer, are disappearing into the historical past of existence. The computing platforms demanding situations are major and it truly is right here (rather than on existence or social sciences, interplay layout, electronics or formal methods) that this ebook focuses.
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL teaches OpenCL and parallel programming for advanced platforms that can comprise quite a few equipment architectures: multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and fully-integrated sped up Processing devices (APUs) comparable to AMD Fusion know-how. Designed to paintings on a number of systems and with extensive aid, OpenCL can assist you extra successfully software for a heterogeneous destiny.
In diesem Fachbuch werden praktische Industrie four. 0-Beispiele deutscher OEMs und Zulieferer im Automobilsektor inkl. einer Übersicht der aktuell vorhandenen Lösungen und criteria gegeben. Die in diesem Umfeld verwendeten Technologien werden anschaulich erläutert. Mittels Reifegrad- und Migrationsmodell wird die Umsetzbarkeit von Industrie four.
- Frontiers of High Performance Computing and Networking ISPA 2007 Workshops: ISPA 2007 International Workshops SSDSN, UPWN, WISH, SGC, ParDMCom, HiPCoMB, and IST-AWSN Niagara Falls, Canada, August 28-September 1, 2007 Proceedings
- Quantum Computing in Solid State Systems
- IT-Offshore realisieren
- High-Performance Big-Data Analytics: Computing Systems and Approaches
Extra info for Moodle 2.5 Multimedia (2nd Edition)
Replica. jpg After we click on the Save changes button, a thumbnail of the picture will show up. [ 37 ] Picture This We can now close this window, click on the Refresh icon on top menu of the File picker and finally on the picture thumbnail. After this, we get a new window, something like this: We can now make a copy of the file from our Private files area to the course. This is safer as we create an alias and delete this file from our private files, and then we'll end up with a missing image in the course.
Use File picker to select and existing image or upload a new one. 4. After selecting the file, it will appear in the Preview window. 5. Add an image description. 6. Click on the Insert/update button. [ 34 ] Chapter 2 When we create content in Moodle, by default, we have access to a word processorlike toolbar that helps us format text in what is called a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface. In this kind of interface, we can see how the content will look as we make the changes (refer to the following screenshot).
The flash player allows the playing of multimedia content, such as audio, video, or animations inside browsers. com/quicktime/ download/. Examples of uses of a forum with sound attachments There are many uses of audio in other Moodle activities (such as the quiz or the assignment), but we'll just focus on the forum for now. We could do the following: • Sharing an interview or comment, and vote and comment on it • Making a class selection of music themes • Doing a role-play activity in which each student plays a character • Asking for a poetry selection and declamation by students • Starting a collaborative and iterative composition of a musical theme, where each new post builds on the one before • Generating a podcast through the conversion of the forum's RSS feed • Hosting a Q&A session between the teacher, invited experts, and students • Using a text-to-speech tool to create fictitious dialogs • Doing some ear training exercises • Doing a show-and-tell exercise Task 3 – adding videos to forums 1.