By Lonely Planet, Visit Amazon's Isabel Albiston Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Isabel Albiston, , Visit Amazon's Loren Bell Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Loren Bell, , Visit Amazon's Richard Waters Page, search results
#1 best-selling consultant to Borneo*
Lonely Planet Borneo is your passport to the main suitable, up to date recommendation on what to determine and pass, and what hidden discoveries anticipate you. Dive with sea turtles at the Semporna Archipelago, stopover at the water village of Kampung Ayer, or cling with the orangutans at Tanjung Puting nationwide Park; all together with your relied on commute significant other. Get to the guts of Borneo and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet Borneo shuttle Guide:
- Colour maps and pictures all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey for your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips to avoid wasting time and cash and get round like an area, fending off crowds and bother spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, mobile numbers, web pages, transit guidance, costs
- Honest studies for all budgets - consuming, slumbering, sight-seeing, going out, procuring, hidden gem stones that the majority guidebooks omit
- Cultural insights offer you a richer, extra profitable trip adventure - background, customs, tradition, the cuisines of Borneo, atmosphere, accountable go back and forth
- Over 35 maps
- Covers Sabah, Sarawak, Kalimantan, Brunei and extra
The excellent selection: Lonely Planet Borneo, our such a lot entire advisor to Borneo, is ideal for either exploring most sensible points of interest and taking roads much less travelled.
- Looking for extra huge assurance? try out Lonely Planet's Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei or Indonesia publications for accomplished seems in any respect that the area has to provide.
Authors: Written and researched via Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has develop into the world's top commute media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning web site, cellular and electronic shuttle items, and a devoted visitor neighborhood. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but in addition permits curious visitors to get off crushed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the locations within which they locate themselves.
* resource: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, united kingdom and USA
Read or Download Lonely Planet Borneo PDF
Similar geography books
In elements of old associations and Geography colleagues and scholars honor Richard J. A. Talbert for his a variety of contributions and impression at the fields of historic historical past, political and social technological know-how, in addition to cartography and geography. This choice of unique and important examinations is targeted round the middle subject of Talbert’s paintings – how historical participants and teams prepared their international, via their associations and geography.
With assignments according to geography or a student's ethnic and cultural history as staples in lots of heart faculties this present day, U В·X В·L offers a brand new source dedicated to actual geography. Designed particularly for college students in grades 5-12, this 5-vol. Set contains details on actual houses and features of approximately 2 hundred international locations.
El Salvador's Pacific Coast is known for its first-class browsing. See bankruptcy 18 for the place to seize the simplest waves. special maps all through certain costs, instructions, establishing hours,and different sensible info Candid studies of inns and restaurants,plus attractions, procuring, and nightlife Itineraries, strolling excursions, and trip-planning rules Insider counsel from neighborhood specialist authors
There isn't any doubt that nanoscience could be the dominant path for expertise during this century, and that this technological know-how will effect our lives to a wide quantity in addition to open thoroughly new views on all medical and technological disciplines. for you to produce optimum nanosystems with tailored houses, it is important to research and build such structures upfront by way of sufficient theoretical and computational tools.
- Impact of Climate Change on a Regional System a Comprehensive Analysis of California (2007)(en)(288s
- Frommer's Madrid: With side trips to Salamance & Avila (2005)
- Climate Change and Globalization in the Arctic: An Integrated Approach to Vulnerability Assessment
- Adventure Guide to Southeast Florida (Hunter Travel Guides)
Extra info for Lonely Planet Borneo
The rains sometimes continue into March. Visiting Pulau Sipadan Every year thousands of divers come to the Semporna Archipelago to explore Sipadan's plunging sea wall – home and transit point for a staggering array of marine life, including green and hawksbill turtles, hammerhead sharks, parrotfish, manta rays and schools of fish so massive they resemble silver tornadoes or shimmering walls of armour. But those same divers make it hard for Sipadan to remain what Jacques Cousteau once described as 'untouched art'.
Many parts of Borneo's interior can be reached only by river, so hopping on a boat is a necessity. There's something magical about heading to a human settlement connected by road to absolutely nowhere, especially if you're in the safe hands of an experienced boatman and accompanied by locals. On larger rivers, transport is often by 'flying coffin' – passenger boats so-named for their long, narrow shape, with about 70 seats, not including the people sitting on the roof. Thanks to their mighty engines, these vessels can power upriver against very strong currents.
That said, turtles are always present in these waters – they’re just more highly concentrated during this period. July to August Visibility is often stunning at this time of year, and clear views to 25m are common. You’ll likely have to deal with more crowds as well, as this is prime holiday time in the northern hemisphere. Book well in advance if you want to visit during this period. December to February This is the local wet season. The rain doesn’t impact visibility too badly, but monsoon winds may keep boats from accessing Sipadan and the other Semporna islands.