By Sverre H. Huseby
- This concise and functional e-book exhibits the place code vulnerabilities lie-without delving into the specifics of every method structure, programming or scripting language, or application-and how most sensible to mend them
- Based on real-world occasions taken from the author's reports of monitoring coding error at significant monetary institutions
- Covers SQL injection assaults, cross-site scripting, info manipulation so as to skip authorization, and different assaults that paintings due to lacking items of code
- Shows builders the best way to swap their frame of mind from website building to website destruction with a view to locate harmful code
Read Online or Download Innocent code: a security wake-up call for Web programmers PDF
Similar security & encryption books
"Providing an summary of certification and accreditation, the second one version of this formally sanctioned consultant demonstrates the practicality and effectiveness of C&A as a threat administration method for IT structures in private and non-private agencies. It permits readers to rfile the prestige in their protection controls and the right way to safe IT platforms through regular, repeatable procedures.
It merely takes a few clicks: we order a product, put up a picture, obtain a dossier or move cash yet as we perform the net international, we're being watched. associations and companies, either private and non-private, assemble our info and collect complete digital profiles approximately us, together with our personal tastes, wishes, and needs and promote them directly to someone .
So one can allow common figuring out and to foster the implementation of worthwhile aid measures in enterprises, this publication describes the basic and conceptual points of our on-line world abuse. those points are logically and fairly mentioned within the fields regarding cybercrime and cyberwarfare.
The EU's common info safety legislation created the placement of company info defense Officer (DPO), who's empowered to make sure the association is compliant with all elements of the recent information safety regime. organisations needs to now hire and designate a DPO. the categorical definitions and construction blocks of the knowledge defense regime are greater via the hot common info defense legislation and hence the DPO could be very energetic in passing the message and necessities of the hot facts defense regime through the association.
- Emerging Risks in the 21st Century: An Agenda for Action
- Surviving Cyberwar
- Cyber Warfare, Second Edition: Techniques, Tactics and Tools for Security Practitioners
- Securing PHP Web Applications
- Managing the Internet of Things. Architectures, Theories and Applications
- Official (ISC)² guide to the CAP CBK
Extra info for Innocent code: a security wake-up call for Web programmers
As with cookies, most developers don’t deal with session mechanisms themselves, but rather use built-in session support in the web programming platform. Whether they program sessions themselves or use built-in sessions, developers should pay attention to a problem known as session hijacking. 1 Session hijacking Many web sites use a session-based log-in, in which a session is initiated once the user has given a valid user name and password. What happens if a bad guy somehow gets access to the session ID of a logged in user?
If one user reads an on-line newspaper, and another user reads the same paper shortly after, the proxy cache may serve a local copy of the document to the second user. A proxy 7 8 The Basics cache may help reduce the Internet traffic of an organization, in addition to speeding up web requests. A local network request is often much faster than an Internet request. Proxy caches are not only used by organizations. Large ISPs—Internet Service Providers, the companies that connect us to the Net—often use what is called transparent proxies, and direct all users’ web traffic through these proxy systems.
WHERE id=" . SQLInteger($id); Shell Command Injection You may need to write similar functions for other data types, for instance SQLFloat and SQLDate. Washing metacharacters protects against SQL Injection. Unfortunately, it is easy to forget those metacharacters every now and then. Let’s have a look at an approach in which there are no metacharacters to remember. Using prepared statements Instead of handling the escaping of SQL metacharacters ourselves, we could use prepared statements. Most high-end database servers support this method of communication, in which query parameters are passed separately from the SQL statement itself.