By Eric Butow, Mary Branscombe, Simon Bisson
Maximize the flexible gains of home windows eight on your whole units with aid from this hands-on advisor. observe the right way to customise settings, use the recent begin monitor and Charms bar, paintings with gestures on a touchscreen laptop, set up and sync information within the cloud, and manage a community. find out how to Do every thing home windows eight covers e-mail, video conferencing, internet entry, peripheral units, defense, and troubleshooting. You'll additionally get suggestions for utilizing the leisure apps to get pleasure from song, video, pictures, video games, and lots more and plenty more.
* customise home windows eight, workforce tiles at the begin monitor, pin icons to the taskbar, and alter settings
* deal with and again up your records and sync them to the cloud
* percentage records with a home windows eight Homegroup
* Surf the net with either models of net Explorer 10, use tabs, arrange favorites, and defend your privateness online
* Print, test, and fax with home windows 8
* speak through integrated apps—Mail and Messaging—and upload Skype
* connect with social networks, together with fb and Twitter, utilizing the folk app
* benefit from the tune and Video apps and the Xbox track loose streaming provider and video store
* View, deal with, and proportion images with the recent photographs app—including your fb, Flickr, and SkyDrive photos
* Use the entire integrated home windows eight apps and get extra from the home windows Store
* continue home windows eight working easily and securely
Table of Contents:
Ch 1: Get to grasp home windows 8
Ch 2: how one can Get round home windows 8
Ch three: Make home windows eight Your Own
Ch four: deal with, again Up, and Sync Your Files
Ch five: percentage documents between pcs with a home windows eight Homegroup
Ch 6: Browse the Web
Ch 7: Print, test, and fax with home windows 8
Ch eight: ship and obtain Email
Ch nine: ship and obtain fast Messages
Ch 1: Make cellphone and Video Calls
Ch eleven: entry on-line Social Networks
Ch 12: locate and Play song and different Audio Files
Ch thirteen: View and deal with Photos
Ch 14: Watch and arrange Videos
Ch 15: learn, Navigate, and Connect
Ch sixteen: Get extra Apps and video games for home windows 8
Ch 17: retain home windows eight Tuned Up
Ch 18: Troubleshoot difficulties in home windows 8
Ch 19: Reset or recuperate Your PC
Read Online or Download How to Do Everything Windows 8 (How to Do Everything) PDF
Best computing books
This ebook is for children who desire to strengthen video games and purposes utilizing the Raspberry Pi.
No earlier adventure in programming is critical; you would like just a Raspberry Pi and the necessary peripherals.
Pervasive Computing is a crucial quarter in present computing device technology learn and business improvement. It pertains to clever telephones, sensors and different computing units which, via being delicate to the person, are disappearing into the history of lifestyles. The computing structures demanding situations are major and it's the following (rather than on existence or social sciences, interplay layout, electronics or formal ways) that this booklet focuses.
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL teaches OpenCL and parallel programming for complicated structures which could contain various machine architectures: multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and fully-integrated speeded up Processing devices (APUs) comparable to AMD Fusion expertise. Designed to paintings on a number of structures and with vast aid, OpenCL can help you extra successfully software for a heterogeneous destiny.
In diesem Fachbuch werden praktische Industrie four. 0-Beispiele deutscher OEMs und Zulieferer im Automobilsektor inkl. einer Übersicht der aktuell vorhandenen Lösungen und criteria gegeben. Die in diesem Umfeld verwendeten Technologien werden anschaulich erläutert. Mittels Reifegrad- und Migrationsmodell wird die Umsetzbarkeit von Industrie four.
- Intelligent Distributed Computing III: Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing – IDC 2009, Ayia Napa, Cyprus,October 2009
- DNA Computing and Molecular Programming: 18th International Conference, DNA 18, Aarhus, Denmark, August 14-17, 2012. Proceedings
- Computing with Words in Information/Intelligent Systems 1: Foundations
- Programmierung naturanaloger Verfahren. Soft Computing und verwandte Methoden
- Dave Barry in Cyberspace
- Grid Computing — GRID 2000: First IEEE/ACM International Workshop Bangalore, India, December 17, 2000 Proceedings
Extra resources for How to Do Everything Windows 8 (How to Do Everything)
If you have other accounts set up on your computer, you can log in with another account without signing out first by clicking or tapping the account name here. If you don’t share your PC all the time, you might still have a Guest account that you let visitors use. Choose Switch account to access an account that’s already logged in. View the Charms Bar Many of the tools you’ll use frequently for controlling Windows 8, from searching or opening the Control Panel, to connecting to Wi-Fi or turning your PC off, are tucked away in a menu called the Charms bar, shown in Figure 1-14.
Use the gestures we explain at the end of this chapter to split your screen between two apps at once; either of those can be the desktop. indd 26 2/22/13 9:26 AM New HTDE design / How to Do Everything: Windows® 8 / Butow / 514-1 / Chapter 1 Chapter 1 Get to Know Windows 8 27 FIGURE 1-24 The Start button appears in the lower left corner of the screen when you move your mouse there. Click or tap this thumbnail view of your Start screen to open it. Quickly Change Settings and Options In previous versions of Windows, the Start menu included shortcuts to useful Windows features like the Control Panel and the Command Prompt (for entering text commands).
Indd 29 2/22/13 9:26 AM New HTDE design / How to Do Everything: Windows® 8 / Butow / 514-1 / Chapter 1 30 How to Do Everything: Windows 8 •• Drag to jump backward and forward in Internet Explorer When you’re in the Windows 8 version of Internet Explorer rather than the desktop version, you can swipe your finger to the left and right on the page to jump back a page or load the next page. You’ll learn more about using Internet Explorer in Chapter 6. Tap and Press Tap on an object, such as a tile on the Start screen, to open it as if you were clicking with your mouse.