By Gao-Feng Zhao
This e-book addresses the excessive functionality computing of the Discrete point version (DEM). it's a entire presentation of parallel implementation of the DEM on 3 renowned parallel computing structures; the multi-core notebook, the GPU machine, and the cluster supercomputer. that includes accompanying MatLab resource this publication is helping you enforce the DEM version to be used with excessive acting expertise, for specific implementation of the dynamic failure of solids, granular circulation and pressure wave propagation via solids.
- Features either Pre-processor, Solver, and Post-processor for the DEM
- Covers the parallel implementation of DEM at the cluster, multi-core notebook, GPU computer
- Full of examples of dynamic fracturing, granular movement and pressure wave propagation utilizing excessive functionality DEM
- Source codes and information documents on hand for hands-on practice
Read or Download High performance computing and the discrete element model : opportunity and challenge PDF
Best computing books
This publication is for children who desire to boost video games and purposes utilizing the Raspberry Pi.
No previous event in programming is important; you would like just a Raspberry Pi and the necessary peripherals.
Pervasive Computing is a vital region in present laptop technology study and business improvement. It pertains to shrewdpermanent telephones, sensors and different computing units which, by way of being delicate to the person, are disappearing into the heritage of existence. The computing platforms demanding situations are major and it really is the following (rather than on lifestyles or social sciences, interplay layout, electronics or formal ways) that this booklet focuses.
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL teaches OpenCL and parallel programming for advanced platforms that can contain a number of machine architectures: multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and fully-integrated sped up Processing devices (APUs) resembling AMD Fusion know-how. Designed to paintings on a number of systems and with large aid, OpenCL can help you extra successfully application for a heterogeneous destiny.
In diesem Fachbuch werden praktische Industrie four. 0-Beispiele deutscher OEMs und Zulieferer im Automobilsektor inkl. einer Übersicht der aktuell vorhandenen Lösungen und criteria gegeben. Die in diesem Umfeld verwendeten Technologien werden anschaulich erläutert. Mittels Reifegrad- und Migrationsmodell wird die Umsetzbarkeit von Industrie four.
- Green Computing and Green IT Best Practices on Regulations and Industry Initiatives, Virtualization, Power Management, Materials Recycling and Telecommuting
- Big Data Computing and Communications: First International Conference, BigCom 2015, Taiyuan, China, August 1-3, 2015, Proceedings
- Software Testing Foundations (4th Edition)
- Scratch 2.0 Game Development Hotshot
- High Performance Computing in Science and Engineering, Munich 2002: Transactions of the First Joint HLRB and KONWIHR Status and Result Workshop, October 10–11, 2002, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Adventures In Raspberry Pi
Extra info for High performance computing and the discrete element model : opportunity and challenge
The movement of the ball is well captured. It should be mentioned that the system is rotated by more than 180° during the calculation. This shows that the DEM is able to solve the large rotation problem directly. Unlike the large deformation finite element method (FEM) [HUG 80], no special treatment is required in the DEM for problems involving large rigid body rotation. 3. 19. 19(a). An exact fit is observed. This shows that the DEM can precisely solve this large rotation problem. 19(b). The kinetic and gravity potential energies vary in a cosine function of time, whereas the total energy is in equilibrium, that is the change in kinetic energy equals that of the gravity potential energy.
To keep the computation stable, a small time step is required. 1 as default) to ensure numerical stability. 48] is from the requirement that the time step in the explicit method must be less than the time needed for elastic wave propagation through the smallest element of the model. The reduction parameter α can be used to adjust the time step in a dimensionless way, which is straightforward in the study of the influence of the time step on DEM simulation. For quasi-static problems, damping is needed in the DEM to achieve the equilibrium condition.
6. 23, is simulated using DICE2D. The loading conditions of the bottom particle are kept the same. For the upper particle, a normal force of 1e5 N is applied vertically. In the meantime, a horizontal velocity of 1e − 4 m/s is applied to the upper particle, while its rotation is fixed. 7. Except for the elastic and tension strengths, two additional parameters, cohesion and friction angle, are involved in the calculation. For this example, the shear force will increase gradually under the shear velocity until it reaches the maximum shear strength of the bond.