Read or Download Estimating the Effect of Isotopic Uncertainties in Spent Nuclear Fuel PDF
Best nuclear books
In 1943, J. Robert Oppenheimer, the bright, charismatic head of the new york venture, recruited scientists to reside as digital prisoners of the U. S. executive at Los Alamos, a barren mesa thirty-five miles outdoors Santa Fe, New Mexico. millions of fellows, girls, and youngsters spent the warfare years sequestered during this top-secret army facility.
Atoms, Radiation, and Radiation security deals execs and complex scholars a finished assurance of the main options that underlie the origins and delivery of ionizing radiation in subject. knowing atomic constitution and the actual mechanisms of radiation interactions is the root on which a lot of the present perform of radiological overall healthiness security is predicated.
Nuclear lack of confidence is an insider's account of legitimate American efforts to avoid the robbery or diversion of nuclear and radiological guns that may be utilized by rogue countries or terrorist teams. this attitude attracts seriously from the author's paintings at the White residence nationwide safeguard Council employees (1996-2000), the place he used to be without delay dependable to President Clinton for the improvement of U.
- Nature and Operation of Attitudes
- The Economics Future of Nuclear Power
- Nuclear imaging in clinical cardiology
- Nuclear decommissioning: Planning, execution and international experience
Additional info for Estimating the Effect of Isotopic Uncertainties in Spent Nuclear Fuel
4. Conservatism of Bounding Approach Given the large number of criticality calculations performed for each 30 cases studied, it is possible to generate a statistical probability plot for a normal distribution. Figures 8 and 9 26 show probability plots generated from the results of each of the three burnups. , cases 1– 3). Similarly, Fig. 9 shows the same analysis for the actinide-only cases (cases 4–6). Each plot shows the probability distribution functions for the range of results obtained for 1000 calculations at each burnup.
20 Fig. 4. Distribution of k values for Case 2, 40 GWd/MTU. 21 Fig. 5. Distribution of k values for Case 3, 60 GWd/MTU. 3. Actinide-Only vs. “Full” Burnup Credit Current directions for first-generation burnup credit implementation for transportation casks are based on taking only partial credit for reactivity reduction due only to primary actinides for which radiochemical assay data are available. The term “full burnup credit” has often been applied to approaches such as that currently being considered for disposal applications where credit is taken for a set of the most important fission product absorbers.
Mpi-based parallel version. ! 7par 10/17/00 Mark D. DeHart Oak Ridge National Laboratory ! Modified to calculate the best estimate, worst case, and best case first before doing random cases. output to help in debugging. ! 71par 01/11/01 Mark D. DeHart Oak Ridge National Laboratory ! Modified to read csas1x output if the input is csas1x instead of csas25 ! h" ! MPI-related vars ! integer myid,resultlen,ierr,stat(MPI_STATUS_SIZE),sender,err,source character*(MPI_MAX_PROCESSOR_NAME) procname !