By Steve Bunting
- Guidance Software's EnCase product is the most appropriate desktop forensics instrument out there, utilized in legislations enforcement labs for electronic proof assortment; in advertisement settings for incident reaction and data insurance; and by means of the FBI and division of protection to observe family and foreign threats
- This consultant prepares readers for either the CBT and functional levels of the examination that validates mastery of EnCase
- Written by way of legislation enforcement pros who're laptop forensics experts and EnCase running shoes
- Includes the EnCase felony magazine, crucial for forensics investigators who must be convinced they're working in the legislations and ready to supply specialist testimony
- The CD contains instruments to aid readers organize for part II of the certification, which calls for applicants to ascertain machine proof, in addition to a searchable PDF of the textual content
Read Online or Download EnCase Computer Forensics: The Official EnCE: EnCase Certified Examiner Study Guide PDF
Similar security & encryption books
"Providing an summary of certification and accreditation, the second one variation of this formally sanctioned advisor demonstrates the practicality and effectiveness of C&A as a threat administration method for IT structures in private and non-private agencies. It permits readers to record the prestige in their protection controls and how to safe IT platforms through regular, repeatable tactics.
It in basic terms takes a few clicks: we order a product, put up a picture, obtain a dossier or move cash yet as we perform the net global, we're being watched. associations and companies, either private and non-private, assemble our info and bring together accomplished digital profiles approximately us, together with our personal tastes, wishes, and wishes and promote them directly to someone .
So as to allow normal realizing and to foster the implementation of worthwhile aid measures in enterprises, this ebook describes the elemental and conceptual points of our on-line world abuse. those points are logically and fairly mentioned within the fields concerning cybercrime and cyberwarfare.
The EU's basic info defense legislation created the location of company info defense Officer (DPO), who's empowered to make sure the association is compliant with all points of the recent info defense regime. corporations needs to now rent and designate a DPO. the categorical definitions and construction blocks of the knowledge security regime are more advantageous through the recent common information defense rules and for that reason the DPO may be very energetic in passing the message and specifications of the recent info defense regime in the course of the association.
- Emerging Risks in the 21st Century: An Agenda for Action
- Digital Citizenship in Schools
- Official (ISC)2® Guide to the ISSAP® CBK ((ISC)2 Press)
- Security Administrator Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA Security+ Skills
Extra info for EnCase Computer Forensics: The Official EnCE: EnCase Certified Examiner Study Guide
Volume boot record or sector C. Master boot record D. Volume boot device 20. Which of the following is incorrect? A. The MBR is typically written when the drive is partitioned with FDISK or DISKPART. B. A file system is a system or method of storing and retrieving data on a computer system that allows for a hierarchy of directories, subdirectories, and files. C. The VBR is typically written when the drive is high-level formatted with a utility such as FORMAT. D. The partition table is contained within the MBR and consists of a total of 16 bytes, which describes up to four partitions using 4 bytes each to do so.
Volatile B. Nonvolatile 9. What is the maximum number of drive letters assigned to hard drive(s) partitions on a system? A. Four B. Sixteen C. Twenty-four D. Infinity 10. The smallest area on a drive that data can be written to is a _______ while the smallest area on a drive that a file can be written to is a ________. A. Bit and byte B. Sector and cluster C. Volume and drive D. Memory and disk 11. The size of a physical hard drive can be determined by which of the following? A. Multiplying the cylinder x head x sector B.
Sound used to be used only for troubleshooting and in the form of beeps. Video used to be monochrome for text-only displays. Both are now capable of combining to deliver rich sound and three-dimensional (3-D) graphics for movies and games. RTC (Real-Time Clock) RTC is the system clock for storing the system date and time, which is maintained by means of a battery when the system powers down. This battery is often called the CMOS battery, and the chip hosting the RTC is often called the CMOS chip (as the chip material itself is produced using the Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor process).