By Erick Tejkowski
Cocoa programming is not just the popular improvement setting for Mac OS X, it’s additionally a main software for growing iPhone and iPod contact software program. That makes this a good time to benefit Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the proper position to start!
This publication supplies an outstanding origin in Cocoa and the bizarre syntax of Objective-C. You’ll examine what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an program step-by-step. for instance, you can:
• See how Xcode underlies your purposes because the major element of Apple’s IDE
• learn the fundamentals of the Objective-C language, the weather of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
• Use Xcode and Interface Builder
• Spruce up your apps with audio, video, web positive aspects, stylized textual content, and more
• Create functions with the beautiful pictures for which Macs are famous
• See how you can construct apps with a number of files or even executables that aren’t conventional Mac apps
• Use all of the intriguing new Cocoa features
• paintings with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
• construct document-based applications
• Simplify with key-value coding
The larger you realize Cocoa programming, the higher the functions you could create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it effortless and fun!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics will not be incorporated as a part of booklet dossier.
Read or Download Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies PDF
Similar computing books
This ebook is for children who desire to improve video games and functions utilizing the Raspberry Pi.
No previous adventure in programming is critical; you wish just a Raspberry Pi and the mandatory peripherals.
Pervasive Computing is a crucial quarter in present desktop technological know-how examine and business improvement. It pertains to clever telephones, sensors and different computing units which, by means of being delicate to the consumer, are disappearing into the history of existence. The computing structures demanding situations are major and it truly is the following (rather than on lifestyles or social sciences, interplay layout, electronics or formal ways) that this ebook focuses.
Heterogeneous Computing with OpenCL teaches OpenCL and parallel programming for advanced structures that could contain numerous machine architectures: multi-core CPUs, GPUs, and fully-integrated speeded up Processing devices (APUs) equivalent to AMD Fusion expertise. Designed to paintings on a number of systems and with broad aid, OpenCL can help you extra successfully application for a heterogeneous destiny.
In diesem Fachbuch werden praktische Industrie four. 0-Beispiele deutscher OEMs und Zulieferer im Automobilsektor inkl. einer Übersicht der aktuell vorhandenen Lösungen und criteria gegeben. Die in diesem Umfeld verwendeten Technologien werden anschaulich erläutert. Mittels Reifegrad- und Migrationsmodell wird die Umsetzbarkeit von Industrie four.
- Distributed Computing and Internet Technology: 12th International Conference, ICDCIT 2016, Bhubaneswar, India, January 15-18, 2016, Proceedings
- Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing in Nuclear Engineering
- Risikomanagement kompakt: Risiken und Unsicherheiten bewerten und beherrschen
- Advances in Computing Science — ASIAN 2002: Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing 7th Asian Computing Science Conference Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4–6, 2002 Proceedings
Additional info for Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies
This code is a shell for you to use when you begin coding the project. h” If you’re a seasoned C programmer, remember that #import in Cocoa is like #include in standard C. The directive lets your code know where the definition of your class is. After the header, the source code lists the implementation of the Fusebox class: @implementation Fusebox One part of that Fusebox class is a calculateAnswer action. By adding the calculateAnswer action, you can make your application functional. All code that appears between the two empty braces of the calculateAnswer method executes whenever a user clicks the button in your interface.
Figure 2-8: The Library window has all the controls you need for creating attractive Cocoa interfaces. 25 26 Part I: Developer Tools Adding controls to the interface Controls are the interactive elements that make up an application’s interface. You’re probably already familiar with many different types of controls because you use them every time you use your computer. Some common interface controls include buttons, check boxes, radio buttons, scroll bars, and text fields. For your first project, you’ll use a handful of controls in your interface.
In Chapter 4, you add subtraction, multiplication, and division to the project. Figure 2-10: Deselect the Editable property of a text field so your users can’t change its contents. 27 28 Part I: Developer Tools Figure 2-11: The completed interface. Table 2-1 lists the controls that make up your interface. Before you go on, now is a good time to double-check that everything is arranged like you want it. Table 2-1 Controls in a Calculator Interface Control Type Quantity Identifying It in the Library Window Other Info Button 1 Search for Button Title is Simple Calculator Text Field 2 Search for Text Field Text Field 1 Search for Text Field Deselect the Editable option Label 1 Search for Label Title is + Label 1 Search for Label Title is = Chapter 2: Creating Your First Cocoa Application Wiring the interface Now that you’ve constructed your interface, it’s time to wire it.