By Kirk Schreifer, John Sivell
20 Questions...Answered is a reproducible ESL/EFL reading-and-discussion textual content for fake rookies, or for actual newcomers who've already had approximately 8 months of guide within the language. every one unit examines a component of existence at present of curiosity. From renowned curiosity in Dinosaurs, within the net, in cosmetic surgery, in Cameras within the court docket, and in Endangered Species, 20 Questions...Answered covers all of them, and plenty of more!
Put fairly it seems that, 20 Questions...Answered is filled with informative tales, with routines, on issues of curiosity to the trendy scholar. subject matters contain: 1. activities drugs 2. child Boomers three. Hubble house Telescope four. vehicle defense five. Olympic video games 6. natural Farming 7. digital fact eight. Steroids nine. Physician-Assisted Suicide 10. Animation eleven. UFOs 12. Dentistry thirteen. Automation 14. Russia this day 15. Cashless Society sixteen. Woodstock fairs 17. Homelessness 18. Endangered Species 19. substitute drugs 20. determine Skating.
Read Online or Download 20 Questions...Answered, Book 3 Informative Stories on Topics of Interest to the Modern Student PDF
Similar english as a second language books
An enticing and cutting edge four-level path for lower-secondary scholars. each one unit of the Student's e-book is split into three potential steps with transparent goals and results. scholars can see fast effects via common 'Use what you recognize' sections on the finish of every step. 'Life and tradition' sections and a continuing tale offers wealthy analyzing fabric whereas stimulating scholars' imaginations.
Particularly written for six- to 9-year-olds, this dictionary contains 800 phrases geared up into 50 subject matters and springs entire with songs and chants via Carolyn Graham. subject matters are chosen to attract this age diversity and CDs comprise all of the vocabulary, mini-dialogues and songs/chants.
Constructing studying abilities is designed for interpreting classes on the intermediate and complicated point. As in prior variations, this article maintains to add a variety of fascinating and various decisions in addition to a finished educating equipment. utilizing perform prose just like the type they're going to come upon within the school room, scholars are inspired to investigate, interpret, query, or even problem the phrases of the author.
- Touchstone: Student's Book, Level 2
- English Through Pictures, Book 3
- Handbook of Research in Second Language Teaching and Learning: Volume 2 (ESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series)
- Teaching Language Arts to English Language Learners (Teaching English Language Learners Across the Curriculum)
- Proficiency Masterclass: Exam Practice Workbook
Additional resources for 20 Questions...Answered, Book 3 Informative Stories on Topics of Interest to the Modern Student
A) The revival of the Olympic Games. b) The history of the Olympic Games. c) Why nations compete in the Olympic Games. d) The motto of the Olympic Games: swifter, higher and stronger. 5-2 UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU READ If you can, answer these questions from memory. If you cannot, look back at the article. 1) What is the motto for the Olympic Games? 2) How do most athletes consider winning a medal at the Olympic Games? 3) Why were the first Olympic Games held? 4) Whose idea was it to revive the Olympic Games?
In the summer of 1896, 285 athletes from 12 nations travelled to Athens to compete in the first modern Olympiad. Since 1896, the Olympics have been 7 held every four years (except during the World War years of 1916, 1940 and 1944). As more and more winter events were added to the games, the IOC decided there should be a separate Olympics for winter sports. As a result, the Winter Olympics got their start in 1924 in Chamonix, France. 8 Today the Olympic Games have grown so popular, nearly every nation on earth sends a team to compete.
2) Physician-assisted suicide is _____________________ more support around the world. 3) Some people _____________________ suicide an act of murder. 6) Many cancer patients say death would be better than going _____________________ so much pain. 7) In North America the laws on euthanasia are still _____________________. 9) Dr. Kevorkian has been arrested for _____________________ several times. 11) Japanese fighter pilots often tried to crash their planes into _____________________ ships. 12) Today the idea of _____________________ raises many different questions.